News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

Belters Fred and great consistency

Wildfisher

A small dry fly for the faster water on the local river in the evenings.  Tied on a Kamasan  B160 size 16 (shank 18, gape 16). Tiny and fiddly.

[attachimg =1]

Wildfisher

A light Elk Hair Caddis tied on a size 13 Tiemco 103BL barbless hook.

[attachimg=1]

lochgarryfisher

Working on the Beauly this week, after a terrible start to the season a few fish are now being caught, the 2 most successful patterns for my party have been the Sheila (orange and near black) and a Sheep Dog (blue and yellow) so i tied these in the Scandinavian style as practice[attachimg=1]

The wing is a mix of dyed silver fox, sparkle, ostrich spey plumes and Lady Amherst, the front hackle is American hen saddle.

lochgarryfisher

Not "what i have tied today" cos this lot has taken me 2 days to finish but think they are well worth it, they keep their bulky profile in the water but are as light as a feather and easy to cast with a 6 weight.[attachimg=1]

Wildfisher

Hi Vis Olive-Brown Elk Hair Caddis

Tied with a fore-wing of Tiemco Areo Wing (florescent yellow). This shows up well in poor light and in water flecked with white foam. Tied on top so the fish can't see it, but you can.

[attachimg=1]

Robbie

Nice looking fly Fred. Must say I prefer a pink sight-post for foam flecked water.

Wildfisher

Same as above in black

[attachimg=1]

Wildfisher

2.00 and 2.50 mm CDC tungsten bead head nymphs black and olive.

[attachimg=1]

Wildfisher

Size 14 black CDC,  black ice dub nymph with black 2mm  tungsten bead.

[attachimg=1]

Go To Front Page