News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

mass hysteria !!

Started by garryh, April 18, 2014, 04:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garryh

just recently i have been contacted by a couple of old acquaintances who i haven't seen for years.the reason being to see if i had any "mother of pearl flashabou" in a colour called rootbeer.this is a material that has been around for years  but recently it has become the latest wonder colour for the competition mob.apparently it is very scarce at the moment and there are people out there paying silly prices for it. hanks are being offered for as much as £45 quid.i am finding the whole thing hilarious ,how could the stuff be out there for years and no-one discovered it's wondrous fish catching powers until now.there are idiots out there who think they are doomed to failure because they don't have any. :lol: :lol: :lol:.as it happens i don't have any ,but if i did i wouldn't be long in selling it and take my chances with the flies I've got.

Garry
Education is important.
But fishing is importanter

Wildfisher

Aye it's amazing isn't it.  :lol:

Suki1312

The puddle pluggers are some mob :D
Every day is a school day

garryh

after further investigation,i found out that the reason for the scarcity of this material is that it is no longer produced due to carcinogenes in the dye .as i brought the subject up .if any members have any send it to me and i will dispose  of it free of charge. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Garry

Education is important.

Bobfly

You will trigger more mass hysteria - - - rootbeer is carcinogenic - - -  :D :D :D :D :D
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

River Chatter

Is it just the flashabou that's flavour at the mo, or would some dafty be willing to give me £45 for root beer crystal flash do you think?  I bought a hank not that long ago for bonefish flies.  The tan is so close in colour as to make no difference so can use that instead.  He'll, for £45 I would be willing to iron out the crinkles before posting!  :lol: 

Of course the fashion conscious, yet suicidal, rainbow trout might be able tell them apart, though if I get any complaints I can always blame the purchaser's poor casting, that he's using the wrong reel, or of course that old favourite, a low stocking density.  :/

garryh

Just been on FFF and some Swedish guy claims to have a supply,one or two have been stiffed by a guy in Lithuania.lots of copies appearing . hilarious !!!

Garry
Education is important.

Go To Front Page