News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rannoch raider

Plenty of movement and life about those Robbie.  :8) Is that a French Partridge hackle ?

Robbie

its actually cock pheasant shoulder (aka Church window). I bought a pack of loose feathers years ago and never used them until the EOSS a couple of years ago.Feather stalks are thick so not the nicest to tie with.

rannoch raider

It certainly produces a nice lively hackle. One for the magic tool ?

Lochan_load

Excellent Robbie, those stalks are a nightmare so a brilliant job to keep them so tidy. Still messing about with hot orange, copper and fiery brown I've done a much bushier muddler.....
[attachimg=1]

Highlander

Robbie try them with dyed yellow French Partridge, gives a nice Mayfly pattern.
Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

pedropete

sake robbie..lol welcome back sir!! they look brilliant..whats the tail???

Lochan_load

French partridge is lovely stuff but it's hard to get stuff that's not too long for a 10-12. That's a nice sub for it. Sticking with these colours, think they'll be useful this season...[attachimg=1]

Robbie

The tail is a pink globate floss, originally I used a tippet tail but a certain Uist Ghillie suggested a pink tail would be an improvement.

Pheasant should has similar issue with getting feathers to suit smaller hooks, just about ok for a size 10 but too big for a 12. The magic tool would probably be a great improvement as you could remove the feather stalk and easily adjust barb length to suit smaller hooks.

I like that one Andy, like the sword wing makes for a very fishy fly!

rannoch raider

That's a nice pair of patterns there Andy. I've seen a similar looking gold bodied Alexandria with an orange hackle and a jungle cock cheek before. I'm sure it was called the Irish Alexandria and I can also recall someone calling it the 'Paddy's Fancy'. Good choice when the perch fry are on the go.

Lochan_load

Yeah there was no way it hadn't been done before Jim, its one of those patterns that combines so many common elements it's always going to look very familiar. I'm still persevering with these colours......I'll change be record soon  :lol:
[attachimg=1]

Go To Front Page