News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

10ft 2wt on the cheap

Started by bibio1, February 13, 2015, 09:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bibio1

Bought a 10ft 2wt blank from the state's with two tips. Don't know whether that's a good omen. Nevertheless I just wanted something that would be good on the likes on laidon  or any other loch full of shrapnel.

Bought the reel seat and rings off eBay. Just started tonight.

Rings next.

rannoch raider

Well one thing's for sure, it'll be great fun while it lasts. The laidon fish will be a joy on a 'wisp' of a rod like that. It will be a smiley face day for sure! 

bibio1

That's what I'm hoping for and also the burns. Sometimes you need a long rod for the burns.

Beginning to get cabin fever.

Lochan_load

Never fished a rod as light as that, bet it'll be great round there. Getting misty eyed thinking about a wander round rannoch moor with the dugs and a rod!

rannoch raider

Aye , I know what you mean. I was out on the canoe on one of the trossachs lochs for a couple of hours yesterday. It put me right in the mood. I'm going to give the Laidon a bit of attention this summer. Got the 'midge tarp' sorted. The thought of fishing a two weight rod up there has caught my imagination.

aliferste

Quote from: Lochan_load on February 13, 2015, 09:57:26 PM
Never fished a rod as light as that, bet it'll be great round there. Getting misty eyed thinking about a wander round rannoch moor with the dugs and a rod!

You get your tube?

Mick.Y

I want a Laidon ferox on the fly and don't fancy a 5-7lber on a 2wt seeing I've waited long enough to hook one.

This is the year, it's happening.  :D

Nothing in life can beat casting a fly with a nice 10 mile an hour breeze, 15 degrees+ and staring at the Buachaille, roll on 15th March and I'll look out for someone with a 2 wt bent double with a 6ozer. :lol:

Lochan_load

Quote from: aliferste on February 17, 2015, 09:23:57 AM
You get your tube?
Not yet mate, I was seriously thinking about it, went to the website where I had my eye on one and it had shot up in price 😡 there's still time tho, I've got at least one loch I'm dying to try one on

aliferste

I am going to be having another bash up at Loch Ba area again this year!

rannoch raider

I reckon I'll be up there a few times this year.

Go To Front Page