News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Web Site problems

Started by Highlander, March 01, 2015, 01:18:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highlander

Recently I had to use Microsoft Expressions 4 to maintain my site but for the love of me I can not fathom out something.

To publish my site I have to go into TOOLS & clic on publish pages etc. Problem is the drop down window has the wording but the lettering is grey instead of black. This on clicking on it does nothing. How do I retcify this.

Other problem is I have to "Recalculate hyperlinks.
Search help tells me it is in TOOLS but on the drop down menu it is not worded there.

Confused of Erskine.
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

IanR

Hallo Confused of Erskine.

Just tried a test (because I haven't used it before) on my copy of Microsoft Expression Web 4.

To publish a page, I used the "Site" menu, not "Tools", and then "Publishing Settings". Click "Add" to enter the FTP details. Then go to "Site", then "Publishing".

I can't find the "Recalculate Hyperlinks" either; I'm wondering if that's because there are no hyperlinks to recalculate, so can be disregarded?

Cheers

Ian.

Highlander

Thanks for reply Ian. I was incorrect in saying Tools it was indeed Site.
Problem still remains is the fact that the drop down window shows the item I want ie Publish etc but the text is a grey colour & whilst you can read it if you try to clck on it nothing happens. The text should be in black.

Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

IanR

Have you saved the edited file first, ie; index.html?

Ian.

IanR

If you still get no joy, use a free ftp program like http://www.coreftp.com/ to upload your files.

Ian.

Go To Front Page