News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertHaley

Quote from: Roobarb on February 25, 2015, 10:52:15 AM
I like them. Its not often folk bother with hackle point wings on dry flies these days, it's all CdC and tuffs of hair now!

Andy

Thanks Andy
I have been reading a fair bit and looks to me the idear of an upright wing has merit and I like the way they look lol the other one has light duck side feathers as the wings sorry pick is not so good I need to practise

Quote from: bibio1 on February 24, 2015, 06:44:39 PM
Robert,

Theylll do well. Mb and olive written all over them.

Grate i was a bit nervous putting pics up as still very new to tieing , but felt as if read so much I should make an effort to contribute and a bit of advice may help me along also.

Robert

Lochan_load

First attempt at one of these, it's a red devil Spey, a davie mcphail fly. Made the head a bit long but I'll know for next time.
[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

Cheers, I followed the mcphail video and he tied his this way in case folk use the turle. Done this one in black but te golden pheasant was shorter so the leggy effect is not as pronounced and also a black and silver cascade with a sunburst marabou underwing. That's me working til next Thursday so I'll give you all a break from looking at my wrappings!!
[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

[attachimg=1]

scoobyscott

Finally made a start on trout flies. A nice change from heavy bugs. Not sure there big enough though size 15?
Jingler
[attachimg=1][attachimg=2]

east wind

Quote from: scoobyscott on February 28, 2015, 08:23:09 AM
Finally made a start on trout flies. A nice change from heavy bugs. Not sure there big enough though size 15?
Jingler
[attachimg=1][attachimg=2]

Nice and leggy. I reckon you're on to a winner with those. 14's or 12's ?
Listen son, said the man with the gun
There's room for you inside.

Lochan_load

Aye they're nice with the wee bit of partridge through them, I'll needs to add these to my ever lengthening list of things to tie!

scoobyscott

Cheers there 103bl size 15, I fear they may be too small need to get bigger hooks. A bit fiddly too

Lochan_load

Very well tied to do them in that size, anything smaller than a twelve stresses me out-sausage fingers!! Another shrimp pattern, junction shrimp colours I think, it's stripped blue dun hackle for the feelers
[attachimg=1]

bibio1

I like that.

Always had problems with damsels. Succumbed to some rainbow ideas but kept it sparse for one particular clear loch.

Go To Front Page