News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Wading boots for fresh and saltwater ?

Started by rannoch raider, March 20, 2015, 03:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobfly

For use around sea weed and sea shores has anyone tried the tungsten studded Bison Bearclaw boots that zip up?
You would not want to have them on indoors or in a canoe but they could be very good on a shoreline.
Bison also do a "normal" rubber soled boot.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

haresear

Quote from: Bobfly on April 14, 2015, 06:27:54 PM
For use around sea weed and sea shores has anyone tried the tungsten studded Bison Bearclaw boots that zip up?
You would not want to have them on indoors or in a canoe but they could be very good on a shoreline.
Bison also do a "normal" rubber soled boot.

I have a pair of those and they do grip well on seeweed-slimed up rocks.
They have next to no protection at the sides of the boot however and getting your foot jammed in between rocks hurts more than it would with a pair of proper walking boots, or the old style Simms Guide model for that matter.
The main thing I don't like about them is that the soles aren't thick enough or rigid enough for the long pointy studs, so you feel the studs when you are walking.
They do grip well however.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Hill loch gold

Another vote for the simms boots from me. I had the old leather freestones for 6 years before i replaced them with the new version of freestones 3 years ago and i would say i'll get at least the same out of them again. Any cheap wading boots i've ever bought have barely lasted a season.

Go To Front Page