News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Fly tying man cave

Started by Billy, April 14, 2015, 01:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billy

Well I picked the weather to complete the shingles on my Wendy  man cave. It was a bit of a chew and it was a bit painful on the knees but I managed to get it done.

The inside is getting there but I need to get some more gear down from Aberdeen to get started on the tying but you should get the general idea.

Still not sure if i need some pink and purple in there somewhere.

Billy

haresear

Phwaar!
:)

Looking good there.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Highlander

Yep looking good Is the rod for the  "Trout Pond" ?
:roll:
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Billy

There's a wee story about that rod.

About 30 years ago i sent away for a Normark Kunnan Carbon rod from a magazine article. Over the years it became my favourite rod and is a great caster but its only a two piece rod.

I did think about changing it to a four piece rod but in the mean time the fuji handle started to act up and I changed it out for another handle. A couple of years ago I was telling a friend about it and he said he had the same rod in his loft and he very kindly gave it to me. Its in better nick than my own rod and so i decided to keep his aside and continue using my own until it died.
When the cabin idea came along it was the ideal place to keep it safe. Unusually all the eyes are ceramic lined which is rare these days.

I also had to get it in quick before the wife started to fit frilly curtains and the like. I just need a stuffed bear in the corner to set it off like a real man cave.

Billy

Harpo

Quote from: Billy on April 20, 2015, 02:56:36 PM.

I just need a stuffed bear in the corner to set it off like a real man cave.

Billy

Here you go Billy.. http://www.orvis.co.uk/p/standing-bear-statues/3h0r

Being Orvis, it will no doubt catch you more fish, and when you break it they will replace for free !

Billy

Not expensive either. :hookarse;

Billy

Billy

I plan to have two double sockets in the cabin.

I am building decking along the back of the house and plan to have a row of lights along it as well. I have a good sparkie in tow who plans to run in all the cables when I get the frame for the decking installed.
I also want a double socket on the outside of the cabin. One for a pond pump and the other for a row of man lights just under the brow of the roof. They were the wife's idea.

I was also thinking of utilising a caravan porch that I have. It came with the caravan but I have bought a blow up awning and so the porch is surplus and has only been out of the wrapper once to see how it goes up. It will cover decking at the front of the cabin if needed. I just need to buy a length of runner for the porch to slide into.

With all the work that needs doing I might be lucky enough to catch the last days of summer.

Billy

Highlander

Fall out with the missus & you just might end up living in it.
:roll:

I covered that base when I installed three Fluo lights, coffee machine & radio. Wondered why though she fitted blinds to the windows & asked about getting a gate fitted to back fence. Still in house though.
:)
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Billy

Since SWMBO has been good about me getting a corner of the fly tying cave for actual fly tying I decided to start the decking she wanted out the back. The weeds between the mono-block were a bane in her life which made them an even bigger bane in my life. So the decking project was conceived.

Rain stopping play has been a major factor for getting further ahead but I think Ive done not too bad for three almost dry days over the last two weekends.
With the rivers being either too low or too high and dirty and the weather being too cold I thought it a good time to get into it. Still a long way to go but its taking shape.

I just need to make sure I get my fishing in mid week until its finished.

Billy

Bobfly

Cracking good job underway there  :D :D :D
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Go To Front Page