News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Lost internet connection

Started by Clan Chief, October 23, 2014, 10:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clan Chief

can anyone help?
I've got a problem.
my laptop froze whilst on google map street view so in order to close it I switched it off then when I switched it back on I have been unable to connect to the internet since.
I've tried what I think are the usual ways to do so but no joy.
I've got a message stating that I should plug in an Ethernet cable into my laptop and make sure the other end is plugged into my router.
I'm at a loss as I don't think I have such a cable as my laptop works wirelessly
I'm such a technophobe. Can anyone help?

JimJams

Can you right click down in the bottom right hand corner at you're connections and select troubleshoot? You're laptop may have just turned off you're wireless card.

Darwin

Some of the older laptops had a button to tun on/off the internet connection.  The button on my laptop is on the front bottom part near the latch.  Restarting the cable modem, router and pc/laptop has helped me when the connection has gone sideways...

aliferste

The old classis of turning everything off and then back on again !

Clan Chief

Thanks lads! however I've tried all these  things  :(

Wildfisher

Clan Chief

You'll Never believe this Fred. its been goosed for a few days now . Just switched the lap top on a few mins ago and its wrorking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D Absolutely no idea what happened. I'm just feart in case it goes tits up again.

Wildfisher

Looks like it is an intermittent fault. It might be worth buying a a cheap USB wireless dongle in case it goes wrong again.

Go To Front Page