News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

good day at loch laidon

Started by andy m, August 13, 2017, 07:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy m

fished loch laidon yesterday me my pal and his nephew , parked at rannoch station crossed the line and walked down the track towards the loch. just past the small white cottage we took the track that is signed to glencoe. good track that goes through the forest was hope full that it did not take us to far away from the loch. the problem was that it looked hard to walk down to the loch through the forest must have walked a few miles when i seen a deer track heading through the woods so followed that down hill. it was not to bad bit of a zig zag at times fallen trees some boggy bits. arrived at the side of the loch to a cracking big sandy beach and bay. fished the north shore all the way back to the end of the loch. plenty of bays points large sandy beaches and plenty of fish we all had good sport, i done well with a cast of clan chief muddler bibio and a alexandra on the point i tried that to see if something bigger than the average might take it to be fair its a fly that i have never done to well with over the years but it did well for me. my pals caught on black pennel claret hopper kate mclaren, plenty of fish, its been a good few years since i have fished loch laidon and forgot how much fun it is to fish it. stunning scenery looking west to the area of glen coe and the fish were slightly bigger than other trips. my best fish would be about 10 oz good few around 6 to 8 oz and the young man harry had a good troot best of the day 12 oz cheers andy m

Wildfisher

Good stuff. I have not been there for many years but have happy memories of taking my sons fishing there It was also the scene of the very first Wild Fishing Forum outing - we called them Argos Tent Rallies back in those innocent times.  :lol:

rannoch raider

Well done Andy, it's a great place for a day out. The big dog leg near the Glencoe end sometimes produces a better fish but they're all great fun up there!

andy m

aye rannoch raider i know that bit, the last time i was there was about 15 years ago cant believe that it was as long as that before going back to fish loch laidon  cause its a good loch . i fished up there the last time from a boat and i could remember the dog leg managed the boat into some parts of that bay but lots of rocks and shallow parts , that dog leg if my memory serves me right is one of the best views on to glen coe a very bonnie place. ment to say in my first post the last hour was one of the worst attack of midges that i have experienced pure hell no wonder we had the whole loch to the three of us haha cheers andy m

scoobyscott

Good stuff I took my girlfriend there for her first camping trip in April and camped on the beach. Great place

Clan Chief

Great report  Its a very special place! 

Go To Front Page