News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pedropete

loving those clan chiefs....big hairy beasties...perfect proportions..

rannoch raider

Loving them all ! Some really beautiful fleas there lads. That Peach Hog is stunning! In fact they are all pretty stunning :8)

Lochan_load

Have a few stoats tails so decided to tie this in case i fancied something a bit jazzier, flame thrower of sorts maybe?
[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

pedropete

the level of tying on here is superb...i love it.

Clan Chief

Keepin em big n bushy!

Robbie

All these flies are brilliant. Problem is I don't have time to copy half of them!

Fingers crossed we're not becalmed in three weeks time.

bibio1

Quote from: pedropete on August 20, 2017, 08:54:20 PM
well done lads, that's some flys tied, love them all,iron bru Kate..yep.. they are all nice, I tied up sunburst  octopus Orkney style but I've not had a chance to photo it.. so for the mean time here's an Orkney peach hog from the Alchemy vaults...a ridiculous colour of dubbing but boy does it work..
I got some of the last stuff so thanks for posting.

Laxdale

Quote from: Roobarb on August 21, 2017, 08:42:43 AM
Regional variation or just fashion?
Here in Uist our grilse love legs and I've still to see the day when anything bigger than a size ten standard shank is needed!
We had three Irish guys here for a few days last week and they got grilse and sea trout mainly on a Bibio with legs (size 10).

I have NEVER seen a muddler with legs being used!
Muddler....long shank
Mini muddler.....short shank

Long shank muddlers for salmon are the norm, up to long shank 6 is not considered too big, it just depends on the wave. Visiting anglers turn up with them too.

Clan Chief

Rummaging through my big wooden store box I came across these flees which I tied a number of years ago, which are loosely based around a Davie McPhail streamer pattern after watching one of his demos. They have never been wet but I reckon they might be useful on my upcoming Hebridean trip!

Go To Front Page