News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hopper

Don't know if they take them in there wouldn't be enough room in the boat house, it would make sence to get them out of the water and stored somewhere.

corsican dave

Quote from: Lochan_load on December 01, 2016, 10:17:52 PM
Erm  :shock: wow!

Is that a dumbbell and foam?
white foam booby tube with black pen on the end. i'm gonna do some in size #12 for troots  :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

rannoch raider

Festive warning ! Do not drink and tie ! :-)

bibio1

Stunning....those are some flies

corsican dave

I should crack open a second bottle, for good measure!  :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Lochan_load

Those pike flies are superb Jim, did you get out on Monday?
Thought I'd have another go at a spey style fly, not perfect but the different layers of hackle give a nice effect[attachimg=1]

rannoch raider

Hi Andy, No, I never made it out to fish on Monday. I had two trips to hospital with the old fella between morning and afternoon. He won't use patient transport and he needs a wheelchair when he gets there. Yesterday was more of the same. Can't moan though, my parents have always been there for us so only fair to help them out now. The fishing has been cancelled right, left and centre recently but there'll be plenty of other days to come. Tied a few pike fleas while I've been hanging around. I'll get to use them soon!
That's a nice colour combination on the spey fly. I like that.

Lochan_load

I got out for a few hours but it was hard going with no fish and a really cold day to contend with, enjoyed it but really made me wish it was summer! Six layers and a set of gloves covering numb fingers give fly fishing a very different feel!

Lochan_load

Messed about with the colours a bit, sitting a bit bettter too
[attachimg=1]

rannoch raider

I was speaking to a very experienced and successful pike fly fisher recently. He told me that the Blanton Flash Tail Whistler patterns were heavy hitters wherever he fishes. Had to have a go at a view......................

The tails are supposed to be trimmed fairly flat at the ends rather than streamlined in the more usual style. Some are finished like this some have yet to be trimmed.

Go To Front Page