News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

travel landing net (big!)

Started by corsican dave, June 28, 2016, 11:41:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

Thinking ahe...

I'm looking for a specimen landing net (carp size) that will collapse down into component parts no longer than a 10' 4-piece fly rod.  This is so it will fit in my single piece of luggage, along with the rest of my gear. So the arms need to be collapsible and the handle telescopic; each component no longer than around 75cm
The handle doesn't have to extend too far. Even 1.5m would do just fine

Any recommendations?

I haven't got any carp fishing outlets up here (other than Go Outdoors), so it's difficult to compare them!

yes, hopelessly optimistic, I know..... :roll:  :8)

If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

burnie

corsican dave

carp was the general plan, Burnie

I've got one of these for my "every day" use. absolutely superb net, but it's a bugger to pack!
http://www.mcleanangling.co.nz/salt-water-nets.html
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

corsican dave

Quote from: burnie on June 28, 2016, 12:07:40 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Travel-Stalker-2m-4-Piece-Landing-Net-Handle-Dinsmores-Folding-Net-Bag-/181806717951?var=&hash=item2a54865bff:m:m0ukUbDZZ2TRQSK2ckq5Yaw

yep, that looks hopeful. thank you!  :D

in fact it looks perfect. i'll just check the internal dimensions of my luggage to make sure. cheers again  :8)

Highlander

" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Bobfly

The way the Spanish seem to be looking at their carp they would be happy if CD gaffed as many as he could and left them on the bank to cure in the sunshine.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Go To Front Page