News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

law vice.

Started by garryh, August 11, 2013, 12:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garryh

just seen this on ebay.i'd heard they were much sought after ,but surely cant be worth this.then again its worth what someone will pay i suppose.get your bids in now :shock:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lawrence-A-Waldron-Fly-Tying-Vice-The-Law-Vice-With-Base-And-G-Clamp-/330979463472?fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

Garry
Education is important.
But fishing is importanter

Wildfisher

Magic bullets.

Fly fishing is full of seekers of the easy answer

Someone might buy it.  :lol:

garryh

six bids Fred.they are fighting over it. :lol:

Garry
Education is important.
But fishing is importanter

Highlander

Some price that one, For a vice that was dear enough in the first place, what was it? £500 or thereabouts the seller has a sure fire winner there to raise far more than double that. Whilst many in the know think that this is the "ultimate Vice" these bids are funny money. Still no accounting how far some will go though. If it is what you really want then money is no object to some people. It won't tie you a better fly but sure looks the part on the table along with bragging rights.
Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Wildfisher

It does seem a bit nuts, but as long as the buyer is happy and sane who are we to judge.  :lol:

scoobyscott

You've gotta laugh, 25 quid p+p :shock:

Guddler

Quote from: admin on August 11, 2013, 02:26:44 PM
It does seem a bit nuts, but as long as the buyer is happy and sane who are we to judge.  :lol:

Exactly. If it makes you happier and the kids aren't going hungry to finance it then go right ahead.

Still does seem at least a little bit nuts though!

Wildfisher

Nothing however nuts surprises me on Ebay ever since some eejit paid a small  fortune to buy a card of  Chadwicks 477 wool for tying Sawyer's killer bug because as the seller said "nothing else will do".   :roll:

It is astonishing how gullible some folk are especially as Veniard does  a direct copy of it for about  £1.50   :lol:

jimmul

I know it isn't made any more but £2300 for a vice to hold hooks to wrap a wee bit of fur and feather on, seems crazy to me. Oh well it takes all kinds.

Wildfisher

It just gets nuttier and nuttier.  :lol:

Go To Front Page