News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

I tied a few Dunkelds and a few Hedgehogs today, but I'm trying to keep it quiet.  :D

bibio1

I bought 12.sz16.sedge hogs today. Makes you wonder why you tie flies when they cost £5.99

Cheers

Paul

Wildfisher

I bought a few dozen loch wet flies from Selectafly the other day. Things like white moths, butchers, silver invicta  etc.

At 35 pence each  it makes no sense to me to tie them.

After tying the sedge / hedgehogs  the other day I was reminded how much I hate tying with deer hair, I seem to have an allergic reaction to it. I'll buy those too from now on.

Where did you buy them Paul?

scoobyscott

A few Duns for the river. These have been my most successful flies this season the few times I've been out and simple to tie [attachimg=1]

haresear

Quote from: scoobyscott on May 26, 2015, 08:37:23 PM
A few Duns for the river. These have been my most successful flies this season the few times I've been out and simple to tie [attachimg=1]

My type of fly. Simple and no frills.
Is that cdc or snowshoe hare

Alex
Protect the edge.

scoobyscott

Cdl tails, cdc body and four cdc feathers for the wing. I split the wing with two of the Cdc stalks pulled forward over the top and then the other two ends are pulled forward round the side to lift the wing back up. Sounds more complicated than it is.

haresear

Quote from: scoobyscott on May 27, 2015, 12:58:13 AM
Cdl tails, cdc body and four cdc feathers for the wing. I split the wing with two of the Cdc stalks pulled forward over the top and then the other two ends are pulled forward round the side to lift the wing back up. Sounds more complicated than it is.

Thanks, got you.
I do a sort of cdc comparadun which gives much the same effect.

Alex
Protect the edge.

diogg

A good afternoon watching the test match and tying up some UV crunchers - destined for a mate who gave me a couple of concrete slabs!  Fair exchange is no robbery....

Robbie

Very nice and very fishy looking flies there Andy

SoldierPmr

Is that hackle raven? I like the shimmer on it.

Go To Front Page