News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

put that in your pipe....

Started by corsican dave, July 31, 2014, 09:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

can anyone help me source some of this?:
[attachimg=1]

it's a thick wall pvc tube. od is 48mm (this is critical) id is 40mm (not so critical, but wall-thickness is. thin wall just won't do the job). i've managed to get a length about 600mm long which i'm guessing is the inner pipe for something like a shrink-wrap spool or similar? i'll bet this stuff is laying around as a waste product from some industry or other!

b&q and wickes were, somewhat predictably, hopeless. i've been online and found 1.5" bore pvc in white or grey which seems to be used in swimming pools/fish-ponds, but not sure if it's stiff enough? the tube i have is virtually rigid. online prices for the 1.5" are cheap enough, but the carriage is extortionate.

i need two lengths of around 1.5m max, 1m minimum. happy to collect if you're not too far away.

hope you can help!
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

corsican dave

cheers Andy! it's for the "arms" of the outrigger. it's a perfect fit in a scotty #230 rod holder...

would rigid pvc work okay?
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Go To Front Page