News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

reel big decisions

Started by corsican dave, October 26, 2014, 08:29:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobfly

Another vote for looking in the GAC where you can wander along rows and rows of reels lined up on the display panels and ready for handling. I have a number of Orvis reels going back quite a while and have never had any problems with them, and the Orvis after sales support is always highly rated.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

bushy palmer

I can't see past Danielsson. The build quality is second to none.

Tyro

When I'm stockie bashing with my 7 weight set up I have a Hardy CLS. It's the only bit of bling gear I have the rest being inherited from my father.  Daiwa, rim fly etc.. Not a cheap reel but the spools are only a tenner each. I have never had any trouble with it and I am fairly hashy with my gear as any of my fishing mates will tell you.

Len

corsican dave

cheers. Len! i'll add it to the list  :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Otter Spotter

Dave I think the Sage reels are pretty good, Alan swears by his and they come in pretty colours too.

Like Len I would vouch for Hardy. Would never own another rod of theirs but the reels (esp at the upper end / uk made), are fabulous. You can pick up some decent deals on them from time to time, I got all of mine 2nd had by keeping an eye on the for sale section at the other place, but Foxons often have them as well. Basically you are looking for the last one in stock GAC and Angling Active also worth keeping an eye on.
Cheers.
I used to be a surrealist but now I'm just fish.

corsican dave

thanks Scott! i'll keep my eyes open.
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Go To Front Page