News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Hardy v Orvis customer care.

Started by Malcolm, July 31, 2011, 11:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

River Chatter

Pretty impressive that Orvis and Hardy got involved in that thread.  Easier for Orvis to do for obvious reasons, but credit to hardy for chiming in.  Having said that a more concrete and detailed statement of intent to improve customer care from Hardy would have been better than stating that more staff have been employed and everything else is being reviewed.  It doesn't say if the new staff members attended interview with a rod up their arse and a condescending attitude or made do with a friendly handshake though and a smile!

Wildfisher

Talk is one thing. We shall see if it improves. Orvis have nothing to prove of course.

I have only had one negative experience with Orvis and it was the local  store in Banchory. They did not follow up  a pre-sales opportunity with the  Hydros mid-flex 4 weight I was looking  to buy.  Now I am not  going to chase any company to take my money, not even Orvis.  Perhaps  they just forgot?   Anyway, the moment was lost and I bought a Sage ZXL.

That was a one off and I was not at all surprised,  so it would not put me off dealing with Orvis, just the local Orvis store. The River Guard wading boots I bought from Orvis's web site are just brilliant as was the service. They trolled their UK stores to get a pair to  fit me ASAP.  Top marks.  My son just bought a pair for himself, on my recommendation,  - online - not from the local store.   

scotty9

Update on the Orvis rod repair... posted on the 1st August, they posted the rod back on the 5th (Friday) and I received it yesterday morning. Can't complain with that service.

Wildfisher

Yes, great service. It's because of this  I still have confidence to deal with Orvis nationally, but certainly not locally.

Wildfisher

Black mark for Orvis I'm afraid. I ordered a Clearwater Packable Jacket online and typed in my credit card number wrongly. This led to an unacceptable delay  in shipping.

Clearly Orvis  should have been able to anticipate this,  use their telepathic skills to contact me subliminally  and correct the error automatically without causing me any inconvenience

Disappointing.  They are clearly starting to allow customer service standards  to slip. :lol:

alancrob

If they had even Googled your name I am sure the full card details would be there!

A.

Ythanjoe

Malcolm,
If your rod was the hardy gem smuggler 7wt you can have mine, two sections are broken so can't be arsed with the Hardy replacement section fees, maybe it will morph into one working rod :D

Took a pair of Orvis silver label waders back earlier this week, as they leaked at the neoprene sock after just one season, without any issues I came away with a pro guide pair, its their top of the range model, they couldn't have given me a better deal, excellent  :D
Joe

Malcolm

Thanks Joe

Unfortunately mine is the 5 weight. I eventually paid (£50) for a new section - but never again will I buy another rod from Hardy.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

aliferste

Did you contact Cat Malcolm?

I was kinda hoping that this might have a reasonably happy ending for you?

Malcolm

There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Go To Front Page