News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Recommended Float Tube Fins

Started by Bobfly, May 20, 2016, 08:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobfly

I had some discussions about scuba fins with an outfit in Manchester called DiveLife a few weeks ago. They seem on the ball and do training courses for divers and suchlike. I had been looking at a number of different fins on their website and elsewhere as a step up from my 14 year old Creek Company fins which are still themselves a heck of a lot better than the "standard" fins from an angling shop.
Anyway, I bought some Maris Avanti Quatro+  which you can get in plain black and which cost £70 including delivery of quite a big parcel. They have an excellent heel loop arrangement, strong and clean lines. I have added an ankle loop to prevent loss. They were recommended, quite correctly as having a good big rear boot pocket and my Ocean boot foot chesties go right inside. Had them out on a loch today and I would say they are the dog's cohones, plenty power and an easy action. Comes with a two year warranty. I like em !!  :8) Mrs Bobfly also gains by having the Creek Co spares which are better than her current ones so you can't say I don't have SWMBO in mind at all times.  :D

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

[attachimg=3]
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Wilder the Better

They look the business! Had my first voyage in a float tube a few weeks ago. The fins that came with the tube fit over wading boots but are not great. Do these? Or are they only for welly boot type waders? Dave

JimJams

I bought some full rubber ones recently, full footed, not strap backed, worn over the breathables socks, not longer than ones worn over boots, much better propulsion! Was very surprised!

Bobfly

I think that getting fins that fit over a sock foot wader+wading boot combination is pretty difficult because nearly all the wader boots have a wide welt turned out from the upper width of the boot. That means that they are wider across the sole and don't go properly into a heel pocket type of fin. If I am using breathables with a sock foot I wear a heavily cut down pair of old wellies as the "boots" and they go into the fin pockets just fine as they are narrower. Some folks use a neoprene scuba boot like a flats boot to go with the neoprene sock in order to reduce any war on the wader socks and that works well with full foot fins without the back strap.
Whichever permutation you go for the many scuba patterns of fins are way ahead of standard float-tube fins although I am a bit unsure about these split fin designs; they look a bit odd but they must work OK for scuba use.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

JimJams

Ah sorry! I did fail to mention i stuff a plastic bag over my stocking foot and put a set of neoprene socks over.
Hence reducing wear on the foot, wish I got a bigger size for the Fins though as with the extra socks I can't feel my feet after a couple of hours, but know what you mean re. Bunching up etc, it does happen, but a little jiggerypokery and its all good!

Lochan_load

I was lucky enough to get find similar to that when I bought my tube off gum tree but I've only room to fit a stocking foot in, and quite tight. Good in the water though.

SoldierPmr

I'm looking for some flippers which can attach over the top of Wellington type boots for around £50 as I don't have a clue can any of you gentlemen point me in the right direction also looking for a buoyancy vest for around £25.

Go To Front Page