News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Quote from: Robbie on September 25, 2016, 05:59:35 PM
Hopefully this pic shoqs the flies a bit better:

Exactly the style and colour of fly I would use on a loch Robbie

Lochan_load

Quote from: borderbob on September 27, 2016, 12:06:11 AM
Aye Vaughan, remember the subtle colours of the `Sparkler`,worked a wonder on Benbecula !!

Sometimes you just have to get their attention  :D
Trying these little salmon singles tonight, might do me on the endrick[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

One to finish the night, three hackles and some tinsel![attachimg=1]

Clan Chief

Feeling a little muddled tonight!

corsican dave

If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Clan Chief

Looks like I might be heading North in pursuit of wild brown trout on Saturday with a night under the stars too.
Tonight Ive tied another couple of patterns which were successful recently in hope they will fool the trout one last time this season.

rannoch raider

They look like the muddler equivalent of the anorexic buzzer. Sparse and suggestive, I like it !

Lochan_load

Jealous of your trip Alan, where you going?
I was looking at ko ho flies with Vaughan recently and they got me thinking, lots of pink and fluorescents and some a bit like blobs, couldn't sleep due to a sore back but came up with this idea so got up and done it. Pink flash abou tail and then arctic fox in a dubbing loop for body/wing finished off with a pink hackle. Couple of strips of lead under the shank as well. Bit unconventional but dying to see it in the water[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

Ps this is on a fairly modest size 10, I did one for Vaughan on a 4  :shock:

Clan Chief

Now thats attractor!
Andy,  im heading up to the Lochan na h-Achlaise area with the float tube and gonna camp in Glencoe on Ssturday night

Go To Front Page