News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

UV Resin Yet No Mortgage Required

Started by Wildfisher, January 20, 2014, 04:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

The stuff I bought in January is still perfect. It's in a brown glass bottle and never sees the sun

Colin Fionn

I bought the Bug Off resin and UV torch together earlier this year for about £12 and it works beautifully. You do seem to get through the non-rechargable batteries, but my use is pretty limited so it doesn't worry me too much. Resin dries under UV light in a few seconds, sets rock hard and shiny. I use it mainly to protect floss tags but I did quite a few fast-sinking buzzers that turned out very well. I'd recommend it.

Wildfisher

"Interesting"  experience this morning with this stuff.

I was tying up some nymphs to use in the afternoon.The sun was shining through the window of my fly tying room illuminating the vice beautifully, yes I do have a dedicated fly tying room with a permanent set up  :8).

There is nothing like natural light for fly tying.

The resin set as I was applying it!  :lol:

Keep it out of sunlight! 

Rabmax

Hello All.I have been trying the fairly cheap Mr Bond UV Resin that arrived this morning.It comes out rock hard with no sticky residue with my cheap UV pen.Been using UV Topcoat for a few years now.The Topcoat is going in the bin.Cheers

loch coulter

Quote from: bibio1 on January 20, 2014, 05:23:03 PM
I have it although i think i got it for around £8, including the torch. I like it. Its great for quill bodies and pierces the water well for emergers.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
iput a wee bit on thread before the whip finish and then couple of seconds with the torch and job done.

Go To Front Page