News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Fiag Lodge

Started by superscot, October 07, 2014, 06:50:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lnelson20

Scotland's remote hill lochs requires a helicopter trip :lol: who's the threesome for etchachan next year then :D

Chris
c.nelson

corsican dave

Quote from: lnelson20 on October 14, 2014, 03:09:01 PM
Scotland's remote hill lochs requires a helicopter trip :lol: who's the threesome for etchachan next year then :D

Chris
rugged snow capped peaks and  "untold amounts" of "trout that may never have been flyfished for...." in lochs that "would take days on foot to get into". where do I sign?
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

Helicopter trips for bandy lochs! 

I wonder if they use a very small helicopter?     :lol:

corsican dave

i'd expect a feckin' Mi-26 for that, Fred! although to be honest i'd prefer 2 months in spain.... :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

I don't expect they will have to expand the fleet to cope with the demand or be overwhelmed  by repeat business.  :D

Wildfisher

Quote from: corsican dave on October 14, 2014, 03:30:46 PM
to be honest i'd prefer 2 months in spain.... :8)

Now you are making sense.   :8)

I fancy that myself. Got to be better than spending the money  in some midgie infested glen. 

superscot

I don't expect the Helicopter will get used much at that price, had a wee rumage through the web site and they are not cheap at all.

Seems you now go on SAFARI for wild brown trout ! 4 nights sleeping in  a tent for £1500 per person yer having a laugh ! Sorry forgot yer picked up in a 4X4 ....Must be in the wrong game !   

Wildfisher

Quote from: corsican dave on October 14, 2014, 03:21:13 PM
rugged snow capped peaks

Sounds to me as if they are they flying their clients to the French Alps.     

Part-time

I don't think I view Scottish fishing (or hills or skiiing) and its place in the world that differently from you Fred its just your use of the term 'second rate' that I think is unduly negative. No need to pretend our fishing is something more than it is but I would worry someone thinking about visiting Scotland for some fishing and reading this thread might be put off even if it were just camping they had in mind - sorry for going on about this again :)

Wildfisher

OK John, point taken although, to be controversial once again,  I could hardly care less about anglers choosing not to visit Scotland - in fact if they are going to end up on "my"  waters I'd rather they didn't  :lol:

Go To Front Page