News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Converting cassette tapes to mp3

Started by Clan Chief, October 18, 2014, 08:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishtales

Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and try it. I don't know how many times I have crashed, seized up or changed something just by pressing things to see what it does :) Once you have done it a few times you get an idea of what not to press, or what to press, at the right time. Half the times I will do something to make something work and the next time I have to do it I have forgotten what it was I did and have to go through the whole process of try this, press that or change this until it works again. Then I will forget the next time it happens, ad infinitum :)

I'm glad at least something is happening :)
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Clan Chief

I've now completed recording and editing two of the documentaries and they sound great. Now moving onto a third and fourth. They were broadcast on Radio Scotland back in 2002. They are called Mountain Tales.

superscot

Mind and convert at the highest bit rate ! For better sound quality

Clan Chief

Next I'm gonna find out how to convert cam Corder tapes which I have a plethora of from the peak of my hillwalking days (pardon the pun)

Wildfisher

Quote from: Clan Chief on October 19, 2014, 01:42:10 PM
Next I'm gonna find out how to convert cam Corder tapes
I did this some time ago. Cheap gizmo from Ebay that plugged into the scart socket of a video recorder and USB'd into the PC. It came with software, worked a treat

Clan Chief

cheers Fred I will look into this. I can only imagine how time consuming this will be.

superscot

If its on VHS tapes you can buy a player that records straight to DVD, my mate has one and gives excellent results, If its video 8 or something along that line im sure you could buy some sort of VHS cassette that the video 8 popped into then played on a normal VHS Player.

And your correct in saying its time consuming as you have to play each individual tape so if you have 30 or so with 2 hours each on tape you can work it out !

Or save them to hard drive and burn to a blue ray disc if your machine will do it.

Clan Chief

Go To Front Page