News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

the A9 has a new tackle shop.

Started by bibio1, February 09, 2014, 11:22:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

east wind

Quote from: Alan on February 22, 2014, 05:34:35 PM
Not sure about now but it used to be stocked from about there up, i used to fish the bit lower down, a pound would be a big fish there, i had a salmon by accident in a tiny pool under a small waterfall just down from there, if it hadn't been trapped in the pool it would have been off up the river.

Thanks for the info Alan, but I was thinking of the big floating browns trapped in eddies from our Mercedes resident  :shock: 
I need the season to get underway  :lol:
Listen son, said the man with the gun
There's room for you inside.

Allan Crawford

I like tackle shops so good luck to Callum, I think HOB is well placed for a break when going up or down, the last time I was in was nearly four years ago and a bit of a story as I transported wife from Nine Wells to Raigmore as there wasnt an ambulance available, an ambulance had taken my premature daughter earlier that day. Wife really wasnt well and lieing to hospital though hospital might have realised this but knew in the long run she would be happier in Raigmore, anyway by the time we got to HOB she really needed food, so we looked a bit funny as I carried her in but the food recovered her sugar levels which had crashed and it was just as well we stopped as there was a traffic jam further up the road. Haven't been on the road much since, but look forward to going in with Wife and daughther now nearly four the next time we pass  :)

As for the guy living beside the road, nothing wrong with living in a car I have done so myself many years ago, dont get wet and dry themselves out unlike tents but why on the A9 ? I couldn't do that  :?

Hill loch gold

What time does the HOB fishing department open on a saturday morning?
A couple of the boys are talking about maybe calling in on the way up north in a couple of months time.

Otter Spotter

Quote from: Otter Spotter on February 10, 2014, 05:22:47 PM
Apologies I dont mean to pre-empt its demise, I was told at lunchtime its gone, but by a non-fisherman who passes it on his way into work.
I always found Robbie and Paul to be very welcoming and not half bad at selling either! They did a lot of varieties of live baits as well so for the non fly fisherman itsa loss too.

I was in Anglers choice on Friday, Robbie was well pissed off when I mentioned that the rumour mill had him closing down. Apparently the situation is quite the opposite. With the demise of Gows in town he is expanding the shop to include firearms and other shooting equipment.

Apparently there have been a few malicious rumours about so I thought I'd at least post on here what I heard.
I used to be a surrealist but now I'm just fish.

Highlander

Called in July 14th, Tell you what Calum disnae work there any more, so that was a waste of time wanted to say hello. Still bought a few Salmon flies on special at £1.50 each so not a wasted journey after all. See the whole place has been turned around the fishing section is actually quite nice but as I said before high end stuff predominates.

Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Buanán

Yep, I called in a few weeks ago and discovered Calum was no longer working there. Felt pretty much as highlander does, good shop shame about the high end kit.

bibio1

I was in it again a few weeks ago and must admit it is well situated for fisherman travelling north. It is high end and geared towards salmon fisherman. Apparently Sunday is the busy day and does generate significant returns. Good on them. If they are prepared to take the risk then the deserve the rewards.

Buanán

It's handy traveling south too  :lol: Can't knock a physical shop

Robbie

To be fair House of Bruar is not exactly the best place to go if your after a bargain, so a high end tackle shop is fitting. Having said that there are some cheaper bits and pieces in there as well.

Hill loch gold

Seen this advertisement in this months t&s

[attachimg=1]

Go To Front Page