News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Those look useful. Must tie up one or two.

Mark

This one looks a total bloody mess, but can be really good during summer or anywhere bugs are likely to fall into the river

Mark

Quill nymph.

Well these 3 and an ice dub nymph are all I use so that's my very limited contribution.

rannoch raider

Those three look very capable indeed. There's a bit of the 'black magic' look about the second pattern. Very nice.

Wildfisher

Did a few of these. Sawyer's killer bug on a grub hook with a 2MM tungsten bead.  They don't get much simpler than that.

[attachimg=1]

Mark

Now that is simple. Have you tried it yet?

Wildfisher

I sometimes fish it early season, any stockies that are around love it.  :lol:   I have not used one for a while, but will give one a swim as soon as the river clears, which looking at the forecast might not be until the weekend.

Mark

Yes looking like it will be a few days before any fishing possible
Will be interested to see how it does Fred. I'm a sucker for a simple fly.

Wildfisher

The colour is not accurate in that photo by the way. It's much more grey than that and darkens nicely when wet. Not the original Chadwick's 477 yarn, rather a re-manufactured substitute which cost a few quid rather than the hundreds some loonies pay for the "real" thing.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fly-Tying-Semperfli-Chadwick-477-wool-substitute-/222557395169?hash=item33d17458e1:g:62UAAOSwd~RZTkVL

corsican dave

Frank Sawyer's grandson wrote a piece on the "Killer Bug" in his Fishing on the Front Line. he regards it as a go-to pattern for a number of species. i'd certainly vouch for it for barbel & carp  :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Go To Front Page