News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

loch shandra

Started by andy m, June 20, 2017, 06:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy m

traveled up from fife to angus on friday to fish loch shandra. picked up the permits at the hotel in glen isla and went up to the loch, the weather was spot on warm south westerly and plenty of midge and the odd small black sedge hatching as well. my pal and his nephew opted for the boat and i was happy to fish from the bank as there was a good amount of trout moving close to the shore, i set up with a small black shipmans buzzer and fished it static. there is a large head of small fish in this loch and i thought i will get plenty of offers but it did not happen at first. fish were rising all around my flys without a single offer. my pal and his nephew out in the boat were having the same lots of rising fish but no takes. the wind picked up a bit and i changed to a small dry black spider and it changed my fishing day, the fish were hitting the fly as soon as it landed. quick wee buggers they were and missed as much as i landed. good fun and a good day caught and returned 12 fish just 3 of them would have been keepers avg about 3/4 of a pound the rest were small fish. my pal and his nephew had 10 fish from the boat on black pennell bibios all returned with two fish about 3/4 lb pound mark, i had a walk down the burn that runs out of the loch and caught a few wee burn trout, then later on i walked up the burn that enters the loch and had some more sport with the burn trout. so it was a good day had by all . pretty small loch nice synery worth a trip for a day. cheers andy m

burnie

Not fished up there yet, what do they charge to fish there?

andy m

hiya burnie its 14 quid from the bank or 16 from the boat there is 2 boats, the glen isla hotel supplies the bank permits, and some one else the boats, when we asked about the boat the man from the hotel said that he could phone about the boat permit to see if there was any spare . we did get one boat and we picked up the key for the boat and the boat house from a farm just five minutes away from the hotel and on the road up to loch shandra cheers andy m

Go To Front Page