News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Nymph box for the New Zealand trip

From unweighted to 5.5MM tungsten, some willow grubs and worms.

[attachimg=1]

Rabmax

Fred how long ago did you tie up those squirmy wormies.I have read that they dry out & disintegrate if kept in a fly box.Have seen it suggested to keep them in a plastic poke.I have been tying some of them up today.Are you taking any Pink & Green Weenies with you.I bet they would work well over there too.Cheers

Wildfisher

I tied them a week or two ago Rab, they are OK so far.

Clan Chief

A black n blue theme tonight!

SoldierPmr

Is that the bruiser or has a bruiser got a blue body also?

Wildfisher

I like those Allan, very tasteful.  :D

Clan Chief

QuoteIs that the bruiser or has a bruiser got a blue body also?

Not sure. Just tied with the colours that are associated with sea troot flees.

SoldierPmr

Done a few today. Butchers, muddler minnow, silver invicta, soldier palmer variants, dry black gnats, Griffiths gnats, snipe and claret and mess of a bibio.[attachimg=1]

SoldierPmr

Quote from: Roobarb on November 24, 2014, 09:49:09 AM
The Bruiser has a dark blue seal fur body but that fly of Clan Chief's is almost exactly like one of the flies used by the most experienced Uist ghillie all season for the salmon and sea trout. So it should do the business :D

Andy
is he by chance the same chap who took Paul young out and showed him the doobery and a fly the looks exactly like the one we are talking about. Think he runs a angling hotel there.

Clan Chief

Quotealmost exactly like one of the flies used by the most experienced Uist ghillie all season for the salmon and sea trout. So it should do the business :D

I better get some more tied then  :lol:

Go To Front Page