News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Chinese fly reels

Started by Hill loch gold, March 24, 2017, 09:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hill loch gold

I bought 1 of these in a 5/6 after reading people raving about them on another forum. It's for wee alan, as the drags not working properly on his daiwa reel.

I've got to say, after having a good look at the reel, i think it might turn out to be a good buy. Very smooth, great drag and also looks the part....and all for the price of £21 delivered!!!

My brothers been looking for a new reel for the salmon fishing and I mentioned to him about these, but he was very skeptical, so i sent it up for him to have a look at. He was so impressed he's been talking about buying a couple for his big double handed rods  :lol:

I think if they had a brand name on them they could easily sell for a lot more.

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

Can't seem to get a link for the trout sizes but here's 1 for salmon

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/103mm-9-10-CNC-Machined-Aluminum-Fly-Fishing-Reel-Large-Arbor-Salmon-Fishing/181794398525?_trksid=p3693.c100102.m2452&_trkparms=ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140212121249%26meid%3Df60a8f1e364541a6a4b4ea633a016699%26pid%3D100102%26

Wildfisher

Looks impressive. Has to be worth a try at that price.

Inchlaggan

Not exactly on topic (reels) but there is much to be had from China via t'interweb that is exactly the same product at up to a tenth of the price from UK retailers. P&P is generally free, no customs duties, the only downside is that you wait for up to four weeks for delivery.
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

rannoch raider

I agree, sometimes they are so well organised that they have lots of their products in warehouses over here so delivery can even be next day. Most of the brand name reels and almost everything else is made there. they're taking over the world, cunning little devils  :)

claytonmcnie

Had one for a few years now, for my 3 weight lines (wild fisher lines), not that they have seen a lot of action, but have no problems with it at all.

Lochan_load

Some sage transfers and you could be selling these on e-bay at a tidy profit  :lol:

garryh

looks exactly the same as one i bought a few years ago from FFF . SKB . I suppose they copied it or thats where he got them from.

Garry
Education is important.
But fishing is importanter

Wildfisher

garryh

I cant remember exactly Fred ,but i was looking for something inexpensive for my local stream . i dont really  need a top end reel with a smooth drag for that size of water. it was under £30  a couple of years ago . it seems a decent enough reel for the money ,but i really only use it to hold my flyline.

Garry
Education is important.
But fishing is importanter

JimJams

Looks decent, I bought a cheap eBay job a while back but after a week the drag was touch and go, pulling out line ready to cast out and it would suddenly give way and freewheel resulting in a very loose spool of line! Then suddenly kick back in, truly annoying.

Go To Front Page