News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harpo

Lochan_load

Quote from: hopper on February 01, 2015, 09:58:04 PM
How do you guys get your picture so clear mine just go blurry when I go that close in.
I usually take a picture from further out and then crop the image, seems to work better than getting in too close, I use my iPhone to do it so it's easy to edit pictures, don't know what it would be like on an actual camera.

Ps those pike flies are spot on jimjams

JimJams

Thanks, I have a lens for my bridge camera and a tripod to take the pics as my iPhone wasn't doing the job lol.

Yes Harpo, I've just got a set of cheapish gemini's, with a big behringer mixer! :)

scoobyscott

Now that's a man cave!!! I'm a wee bit jealous Jim jams  :lol: some great flies posted lads

Harpo

Quote from: JimJams on February 02, 2015, 05:21:02 AM
Thanks, I have a lens for my bridge camera and a tripod to take the pics as my iPhone wasn't doing the job lol.

Yes Harpo, I've just got a set of cheapish gemini's, with a big behringer mixer! :)

:D I've got 1210's and a small Behringer mixer!
Better keep this to the 'what have you mixed today thread' :lol:

JimJams

Scott, it's just an empty cupbboard with storage from lidl and a shelf thrown in! Simple's.

And yeah harpo! 1210's are the dog's danglies but i gave up my vinyl's a long time ago! My set up's on gumtree at the moment trying to gauge interest!

corsican dave

nice fleas, Jim! how are you attaching the goo-goo eyes? I've found giving the head a bit of pre-treatment with uv resin provides a  more resilient seat. when I've just stuck them on with insta-gel (proper waterproof stuff this!  :wink:) they still tend to get ripped off after a couple of attacks?
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Lochan_load

I've tried different ways of attaching those eyes and never seem to last, the last time I was fly fishing for pike I tied tube flies so it had the trailing treble and used jungle cock for eyes, lasted all day. Don't know if the eyes matter to the pike??

corsican dave

Quote from: Lochan_load on February 03, 2015, 10:15:46 AM
Don't know if the eyes matter to the pike??
they seem to prefer ear-plugs in my experience... :lol:
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

JimJams

Same as you Dave! I tend to build up a little base with uv, then super glue it to that, then a dab of uv again aroun the edge!

Go To Front Page