News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

I've started on the New Zealand trip tying.

[attachimg=1]

A modified San Juan Worm. Size 10 Fulling mill strong barbless hook, 3.5MM tungsten bead, brown thread, suede chenille burned at the ends with a lighter. Ill be tying a few of these in different sizes, weights and colours. This is the easiest fly ever to tie and I'm certain it will be a deadly "nymph".

Think out of the (fly) box.   :8)

bibio1

whats the male end? the one with the balls?

Wildfisher

Paul, that question is overly  testicle  :D

superscot

Tends to be the simple ones end up being the most effective ones ....it does look good like an over sized blood worm

Wildfisher

A can-less can o' worms

[attachimg=1]

Wildfisher

[attachimg=1]
The Pink Pig Maggot

14 Jig hook, 2.5 MM pink tungsten bead, pink wool

and one of these

[attachimg=2]

The silicon rubber "hairs" are beautifully shaped, very soft and mobile and I think they have possibilities. One of these pigs costs a few quid from a pet shop or on Ebay and will provide 1000's of maggots.

Only downside is they are a "pig"  to tie in and difficult to set in position. 

Lochan_load

That looks like a 'pig' to tie Fred! Boom boom!

Not been on Wildfisher for ages but it's fly tying season so thought id chuck this on, hope you all like.

Boar bristle muddler tied for my uncle for salmon on Lewis

bibio1

Brilliant......is there an under hackle or is it just deer hair?

haresear

Lochan load, I think you may have hit on something there...but for pike :)

For pike in weedy areas, I think that collar style withe deerhair would be an ideal and simple way to get a weed guard to protect the hook point.

What do you reckon Corsican Dave?

Alex
Protect the edge.

Lochan_load

Theres an under hackle to give support to the deer hair, the deer collar looks heavy in the photo but there is only a single strand right round if that makes sense, there's very little dressing at the back of the fly to allow fish to take but  really it's just meant to draw fish up to hit the tail fly.
I reckon if you put a muckle tail on it the pike would love it and would be great sport!!

Go To Front Page