News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

OPEN CANOE WANTED

Started by rannoch raider, April 23, 2014, 10:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rannoch raider

Hi Folks, I'm looking for an open 'Canadian' style canoe of the 'huntin, shootin, fishin,' variety with the squared transom for mounting an electric engine. The Old Town Predator 150 ss or Pelican Bayou 160 would be the sort of thing but I would consider anything New or used. They are hard to locate  !
If anyone has one to move on or has spotted one on the net I'd be interested to hear about it ?

Thanks
Jim

sinbad

You can knock something like this up for about £20 and lets you put a motor on just about any canoe. Sb.
http://www.lavikasport.com/lavika/images/PS0477-1_motor_mount.jpg

rannoch raider

Yeah, Thanks Sinbad, I've used something similar on a big Coleman Explorer I used to fish from a few years ago. It worked just fine. The square transom is just one of the things the boats I'm looking for have got going for them. Their other attributes are probably more important to me. They are all very wide at their water level which makes them very stable. They are also wide enough to add decent seats and they carry a massive amount of weight. They are also built like tanks and take an awful lot of abuse in their stride.
The drawbacks are that they are a bit of a handful to move around and they are not the fastest on the water . The usual trade off for stability.

Go To Front Page