News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

last week the yak gave me the chance to see my fleas working at first hand in the gin-clear waters of the moray firth. even in a relatively shallow 4 metres, it was pretty obvious they weren't getting deep enough quickly enough. so i decided to whack on some tungsten eyes and do some "baby mackerel" patterns.
a skinny one: [attachimg=1]

and a full-fat, eat-me one: [attachimg=2]

these are tied clouser style. incidentally, i found a spool of gudebrod rod winding nylon A on a foam spool, which proved to be the best i've used for these heavy duty fleas. anyone know where i can get more, or an equivalent?
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Clan Chief

My version of a pattern I read about recently. The Sparkle kate. Looking forward to trying it out!

Its a basic Kate McL but I replaced the tail with flashabou tinsel as well as tying on a wing of flashabou tinsel too.

Lochan_load

lochgarryfisher

That is a very beautiful fly!

Wildfisher

CDC & Pheasant Tail Nymph with 2.5MM tungsten bead.

This nymph has been super-effective for me recently fished upstream under an indicator or NZ duo style with a big dry fly. This is tied on a size 12 Fulling Mill barbless hook, I also fish them size 14 and 16 with a 2.0MM tungsten bead.

[attachimg=1]

corsican dave

do you like big boobies? let's face it, who doesn't..... :lol:

standard reservoir style on left ('bout a size 12), silicone chick on right, #1/0. (easily KK?) foam earplug again, tied like a standard dumbbell. sure there's a joke in there, somewhere.... :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

Stonefly Nymph. Size 8 barbless, 3.50 MM tungsten bead, lead under-body, designed to swim hook point up. Don't drop it on your toes.  :lol:

[attachimg=1]

Allan Crawford

Quote from: corsican dave on August 26, 2014, 07:04:25 PM
do you like big boobies? let's face it, who doesn't..... :lol:

standard reservoir style on left ('bout a size 12), silicone chick on right, #1/0. (easily KK?) foam earplug again, tied like a standard dumbbell. sure there's a joke in there, somewhere.... :8)

I like big boobies :)

hopper

Don't mind a good handful myself.  :lol:

corsican dave

Quote from: admin on August 28, 2014, 08:41:27 PM
Stonefly Nymph. Size 8 barbless, 3.50 MM tungsten bead, lead under-body, designed to swim hook point up. Don't drop it on your toes.  :lol:
how did you attach the bead, Fred?

Go To Front Page