News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoldierPmr

Quote from: corsican dave on May 01, 2016, 08:52:52 PM
I guess you just chuck the stump in and see what comes up?

Sort of, you have it on the point to act as a sort of bomb to get the nymphs to the bottom quicker  :lol:

bibio1

Filling a box for islay......still a bit to go...but given the heat wave better tying than fishing.

Billy

Nice fly box Paul.
Should do well with them.

I have Islay on my radar so I,m looking forward to your report.

Billy

rannoch raider

I'm also heading to Islay so watching for that report too .  Did you get a bit of info on patterns or are you going for what you think will do the biz?

bibio1

I have always found orange to be a very good colour on islay so orange hedge hogs , half hogs and the islay olive. The daphnia washes up on the shoreline after a big hoolie. Olive is also good.

east wind

My usual scruffy inconsistent standard but these have been useful just now on a couple of visits to a loch.
Can do a turn on rivers as well late July/early August if I'm lucky enough to catch it right.
With the help of some waterproof sellotape.

[attachimg=1]
Listen son, said the man with the gun
There's room for you inside.

rannoch raider

They look like they'd be very effective on sedge feeders. Is the wing made from woodcock attached to tape to get the roof effect?

east wind

Quote from: rannoch raider on June 21, 2016, 01:50:49 AM
Is the wing made from woodcock attached to tape to get the roof effect?

Yeah, small feather shaped longways. Form a point at the eye end or the wing flares. I used to have the shiny tape on the underside but the fly got shredded too easily. Fold along the stem with fingernails.
Trailing CDC for the body.
Listen son, said the man with the gun
There's room for you inside.

roberth

I've been having great success on my local river with this balloon caddis pattern. I bought a couple from the angling centre at £1.50 each then decided to knock some up as I lose them frequently when fishing overgrown rivers.

corsican dave

that's a cracking fly: I would happily use that for almost anything that swims in fresh water  :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Go To Front Page