News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Whisky Reviews

Started by SoldierPmr, April 17, 2015, 09:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shanksi

Keep drinking the HP lads keep me in a job  :applause

Wildfisher

I'm not as daft on the uisge beatha as I once was, but HP is hard to beat

SoldierPmr

Quote from: shanksi on September 03, 2015, 09:06:26 PM
Keep drinking the HP lads keep me in a job  :applause

I've got to ask how much caramel goes into it? And yes I like Caramel  :D

shanksi

If I told you would need to kill you  :D

silverbutcher

Thanks for the heads up on Tesco. I bought The Ardmore to try for the first time and I really enjoyed it.

Billy

burnie

Quote from: silverbutcher on September 04, 2015, 04:43:47 PM
Thanks for the heads up on Tesco. I bought The Ardmore to try for the first time and I really enjoyed it.

Billy
That's one of those "no age statement" ones, not bad but not quite the "bargain" some of these appear to be, I bought a 12 year old Highland Park as a charity donation for £25, that is a bargain. Tescos had a few on "offer" even the Ardbeg, which I can't remember seeing on offer for years.

Wildfisher

Arbeg is only fit for sterilizing toilet bowls or stripping paint.   Horrible stuff.   :lol:

SoldierPmr

Quote from: burnie on September 04, 2015, 06:12:39 PM
That's one of those "no age statement" ones, not bad but not quite the "bargain" some of these appear to be, I bought a 12 year old Highland Park as a charity donation for £25, that is a bargain. Tescos had a few on "offer" even the Ardbeg, which I can't remember seeing on offer for years.
im noticing that these no age statement bottles are getting more and more common.

burnie

Quote from: admin on September 04, 2015, 06:21:44 PM
Arbeg is only fit for sterilizing toilet bowls or stripping paint.   Horrible stuff.   :lol:
They did a great job of re opening the place and starting it up again, but their prices are steep, even the café was the dearest on the island. The Uigeadail and Corryvreckan are nice.

Noddy

I've decided not to buy any malts that don't state the age.  We are being conned by names such as special reserve etc.  I/m told there will be a little of a well aged malt and the rest will be made up with whatever they have a glut of.

Jim

Go To Front Page