News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Underwater Cameras

Started by speydulika, August 05, 2015, 05:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

speydulika

Quote from: Bobfly on August 06, 2015, 11:50:06 PM
Hold off a spell, I have asked one guy who I do know has taken lots of really good photos of the sea bed and other stuff over the side of a canoe and asked another who does similar. Maybe they use a particular type of case or maybe a particular camera but Martin's stuff is excellent.

Thank you very much. I will wait and see what you come back with before I buy something  :)

Inchlaggan

A mate of mine does this sort of stuff at a very high level- his kit can be found here- http://www.nudibranch.org/Scottish%20Nudibranchs/sn-photography.html

Bit above what you need (and above budget) but the site he runs shows you what can be done.
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

speydulika

Quote from: Inchlaggan on August 07, 2015, 01:14:22 PM
A mate of mine does this sort of stuff at a very high level- his kit can be found here- http://www.nudibranch.org/Scottish%20Nudibranchs/sn-photography.html

Bit above what you need (and above budget) but the site he runs shows you what can be done.

I'm sure that the set up on the page link that you have very kindly posted works extremely well. I was however looking for something that I could stuff in the front pocket of my waders.

Bobfly

Ten days gone by and no answer from either of the sea canoe people I sent an email to. My apologies, I thought they would have had some comment to make. Lazy tossers !
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Bobfly

Hope you have not given up on this. Got a reply with apologies today on this one. He had forgotten about it having been on holiday. He uses the Olympus Tough as his waterproof camera and he knows of five others who have done well with it. He also uses an Olympus Stylus TG380 which he reckons is "pretty bombproof". Hope this helps.

speydulika

Thank you for seeing this one through for me. I really do appreciate your efforts. I almost bought the Panasonic a couple of days ago but now feel I will go with the Olympus.

speydulika

Ordered an Olympus Tough TG4 yesterday from Amazon. It will be delivered today. Once I work out how to drive it I will report on its hopefully extensive and my most definite highly limited abilities  :shock:

Bobfly

Fingers crossed it will do well for your needs. That is six people who rated it so it should do what you want it to !!

Go To Front Page