News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

A wee box for South Uist.

Started by Highlander, June 10, 2015, 06:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

Quote from: rannoch raider on July 02, 2015, 04:02:35 PM
Size of a shoe box Dave ?  :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol:
if you believe all you read I only need one spare fly. that and a spare spool with an efs line, of course  :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

SoldierPmr

Crackin box Alan ive been waiting to see that  :D

Wildfisher

Beautiful flies Alan, exquisitely tied as I would expect from you.

Robbie

Yes beautiful flies and nice boxes, sure to do the business.

Lochan_load

Lovely tying, Your boxes are very neat and tidy too!

bibio1

Someone will be a very happy quiz winner with that lot.

Lochan_load

Came up with this as a possible point fly, just messing about really with a sz 12 double. Gold body and then hot orange fox wing with the speary bits off a jc cape and blue hackle, should certainly show up well in the water  :shock:
[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

I thought it would be a bit like something because it's all the usual suspects in terms of colours, I like the name 'thunder elver' sounds like something out of the hobbit or game of thrones!!

Billy

Cracking boxes there Alan.

I'll start tonight to sort out my flies for the stravaig and I can guarantee that they will be now-where near as neat as yours.
I'm going for the pre-chewed look on my flies.

Billy

garryh

Harolds grouse and claret is mentioned in Eddie Youngs book fisher in the west .the fly was developed by Harold Howorth a north of England fly dresser who was fishing for sea trout and the wing came off his traditional grouse and claret ,he found he caught more sea trout with the wingless fly and after some experimentation came up with the fly now known as Harolds grouse and claret.the origional dressing has a thorax of bronze peacock herl and the grouse hackle extends beyond the tail in the style of a "goats toe".

Garry
Education is important.
But fishing is importanter

Go To Front Page