News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Adapter for float tube.

Started by JimJams, December 19, 2014, 07:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimJams

Chap's, how do you inflate you're float tube? Up until now i've been doing it by lungs, which leaves me dizzy for about 3 hour's (must give up smoking) or a hand pump thing.

Is it a "boston valve" on them? I've got a compressor for pumping up the tyres in my car and wondering if i can buy an adaptor, if not i'll just make one!

Bobfly

It would depend on the type of bladders that you have in the tube. Some take a significant pressure and can have a car inner tube type of bladder which would need a footpump or even a garage tyre inflator. Those are maybe most common in the twin pontoon type of tube. Plastic types of inner material similar to an airbed often match up to a footpump or handpump. The bladders I have have a valve similar to that on a lifevest and I just blow them up by mouth without much bother although I do not let right down but keep them 1/2 to 2/3 up to retain shape.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Hill loch gold

I have these for the tube.

[attachimg=1]

This 1s handy if the lochs near the car, does the work for you  :lol:  inflates and deflates the tube.

[attachimg=2]

aliferste

Blowing up a tube by mouth, I cannot think of anything worse! Buy a cheap hand pump like the one above - you can get them for a tenner!

Part-time

I use a double action pump that I had in the garage anyway for kids inflatables etc - originally from Argos I think but you see similar in supemarkets for about a tenner.

I use it with a shakespeare expedition which is designed to be inflated by mouth. Strangely the instructions with it said don't use a pump in case you damage the valves/bladders by over inflating yet it came supplied with a bit of clear plastic tube adapter to let you use a pump. To be on the safe side I use the pump to inflate to about 90% and inflate the last wee bit by mouth to hopefully avoid doing any damage

Bobfly

I wondered if the do-not-use-a-pump instructions were because some folk have used a garage forecourt pump for the pontoon types and the Shaky bladders are only meant to go the point where they just feel firm enough. Just like the earlier ones from Steve Parton.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Go To Front Page