News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Bothy Rubbish

Started by Wildfisher, December 21, 2014, 10:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishtales

What difference would that make Fred. They would still be surrounded by rubbish and people would just break in. The cottage near Gairloch that is no longer available was broken into and they reckon it was NATO troops on exercise in the area that did it and they left it in a mess. A lot of the younger ones who go into the hills now aren't as respectful of other peoples property or there surroundings as the more mature ones who have been doing it for years.
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Wildfisher

Quote from: Fishtales on December 22, 2014, 06:34:06 AM
What difference would that make Fred.

Probably not much Sandy, as you say there are too many  Scots  who are all "rights" and no responsibility.  If I was a landowner who had this kind of problem I'd have the place demolished  to remove the focal point. Yes there would be much short term girning, but once it's gone it's gone and it would soon be forgotten as many already have been.

Tyro

It wasn't always a problem. I can remember going into bothies in the late sixties early seventies and there would be no litter. There would be firewood left, a sensible write up in the logbook about routes done and weather suffered etc. Tinned food often left and sometimes welcomed. In about '74 I walked across Scotland East to West using bothies including  Stonaig (sp) and saw little mess. There was little publicity about the bothies and an illicit A4 list of bothies going around was eagerly sought for. Shortly after this mess started to appear, often left by army cadets. Then log books began to be graffitied or used as loo paper. Any Amber liquid left in bottles became piss not Highland Park! It was just another sigh of the increasing degradation of British society so obvious today.

Len

Wildfisher

Quote from: Tyro on December 22, 2014, 11:21:09 AM
There was little publicity about the bothies and an illicit A4 list of bothies going around was eagerly sought for. Shortly after this mess started to appear

I may still have that somewhere! Point is though it was not easy to get hold of the info. By publishing photos and map locations on the internet  it just makes it easy and sadly it will attract  louts.

SoldierPmr

Quote from: admin on December 22, 2014, 11:59:52 AM
I may still have that somewhere! Point is though it was not easy to get hold of the info. By publishing photos and map locations on the internet  it just makes it easy and sadly it will attract  louts.
Sadly Fred I think things will only get worse from now on in I've seen many young parents from my generation who know f all respect f all and don't give a f in general and this is just getting passed on also this continuing population boom does not help.

Go To Front Page