News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

truly OUTSTANDING customer service: Guide Fly Fishing

Started by corsican dave, September 22, 2014, 08:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

I've had a Vision jacket for around 9 months now but noticed that some of the hot-taping was beginning to peel. this is very unusual in a jacket of this quality, but I'd seen similar in my years in the outdoor industry and knew it wasn't right. I fired off an e-mail last night and, to be as brief as possible, a replacement jacket will be at my local shop by mid-day tomorrow  :shock: :D

this is customer service out of the top-drawer, especially when you consider the original jacket was bought mail order from another shop by my mother. hence I have no hesitation in attaching the following link (hoping no-one minds?)
http://www.guideflyfishing.co.uk/

buy products from these guys with confidence!  :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

superscot

Thats what you would call excellent service Dave, Good quality Jacket with a service to match !

Bobfly

Not to be confused with Guideline who I and my local angling shop had dire experience of at the end of last year, and the shop were saying that that was not their only bad Guideline dealing.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

corsican dave

Quote from: Bobfly on September 23, 2014, 07:52:42 PM
Not to be confused with Guideline who I and my local angling shop had dire experience of at the end of last year, and the shop were saying that that was not their only bad Guideline dealing.
have to echo that, Vaughan. I've had a bad experience with them, too. i'm very tempted to name and shame some others out there who seem to have forgotten who pays their wages, but i'll leave that for a long cold winter's night!

btw the replacement jacket was at Mortimer's in grantown around 10:30 this morning. can't fault that for service. they distribute some very nice products and obviously care passionately about what they do and how they do it  :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Highlander

Guide along with Orvis are probably the best for after sales service. Others can run hot & cold. People slate some companies whilst others may well praise the self same ones.. You can only relate to your own experiences.
Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Go To Front Page