News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bibio1

both of them look great. mine shaft brownies is a first for me.

SoldierPmr

Quote from: bibio1 on September 20, 2014, 07:26:35 AM
both of them look great. mine shaft brownies is a first for me.
couple of over grown ponds I fish are full of browns and the odd sea trout use to be coal mines many years ago. :)

corsican dave

there's a fine line between genius and madness; I may just have crossed it.....
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Clan Chief

Nothing original or unique here just a wee soldier I tied yesterday lunchtime to mark the start of the fly tying season!  :lol:

[attachimg=1]

bibio1

i rediscovered this fly this season. just a brilliant flee.

Wildfisher

That's a very neat tying Allan. I sometimes think that most traditional palmered loch wet flies are a bit chunky, that tying is not.

SoldierPmr

Brilliantly tied fly and a old favourite for me as I caught my first brown on one. Sort of ironic in a way as I didn't even know it's name at the time. :)

Suki1312

Quote from: admin on October 07, 2014, 06:54:43 PM
That's a very neat tying Allan. I sometimes think that most traditional palmered loch wet flies are a bit chunky, that tying is not.

Could not agree more . Nowadays its more how they look on the eye and are usually totally overdressed . Iv'e always went along the lines for wet flies of sparse and plenty of movement . Never let me down yet  :)
Every day is a school day

Clan Chief

Quotei rediscovered this fly this season. just a brilliant flee.

Me too. only Just the other week. I have foolishly dismissed this pattern for a while now but decided tie one on at the loch of the buttery troot. Most of my fish were caught on this pattern as well as the loch of the secret canoe too.

SoldierPmr

Couple,of dodgey salmon flies I tied tonight first time I've ever tied salmon flies as I usually get them from a friend.

Go To Front Page