News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Essential Reference

Started by Inchlaggan, January 07, 2015, 03:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inchlaggan

This arrived today, essential stuff for whimper hunters and mythbusters. At £11.45 for 450 pages it has to be worth it. I have just dipped in for a few minutes and will post a review once I have ploughed through it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Scotlands-Freshwater-Fish-Conservation-Folklore/dp/1425110649/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1420645684&sr=1-1&keywords=scotland%27s+freshwater+fish
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

corsican dave

Quote from: Inchlaggan on January 07, 2015, 03:49:58 PM
This arrived today, essential stuff for whimper hunters and mythbusters. At £11.45 for 450 pages it has to be worth it. I have just dipped in for a few minutes and will post a review once I have ploughed through it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Scotlands-Freshwater-Fish-Conservation-Folklore/dp/1425110649/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1420645684&sr=1-1&keywords=scotland%27s+freshwater+fish

well, that's over a year Ken! what's the verdict?  :lol: it's back up to £16.95, too
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Inchlaggan

It had big words in it.
Worth the money, learned, scientific and great to dip into.
The distribution maps are small scale- you will not be able to identify which loch/river has which species.
Dispels a few myths on the basis of science that some folks will find controversial- particularly about pike!
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

corsican dave

Quote from: Inchlaggan on May 11, 2016, 11:21:01 AM
It had big words in it.
Worth the money, learned, scientific and great to dip into.
The distribution maps are small scale- you will not be able to identify which loch/river has which species.
Dispels a few myths on the basis of science that some folks will find controversial- particularly about pike!
you know how to cast a fly Ken, i'll give you that... :lol:
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Go To Front Page