News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Used fly rods.

Started by roberth, July 25, 2016, 11:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roberth

I had a similar experience last week. I was watching a well used Loop Opti Creek 8'8" rod on eBay that went for £270. It's available new from £330.

Bobfly

Go Diawa !!!!   I was recently given a seven piece travel rod as a birthday present ... cost £45 ... it is a great wee caster and ideal for the float tube. I am mighty impressed  :D :D
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Highlander

The person that bought the rod probably thought he got a bargain. There is no accounting for why someone would pay for what  other persons would consider to be "over the odds".
Best one I have seen was a "good used" Hardy St Aiden reel that went for slightly more than John Norris was selling them off new when Hardy discontinued. That was a good example of someone not checked prior to bidding.
There are bargains out there on E bay but not the way there was in the earlier days. Gumtree on the other hand not a bidding site but I sometime wonder where they get the idea that their items are worth a certain amount. Too often I have seen prices that in no way reflect the actual asking price, conversely one often can get "a bargain" It is just your luck.

Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Go To Front Page