News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

"This connection is not secure"

Started by ianmck, March 26, 2017, 10:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianmck

I use the firefox browser on my pc. Recently, whenever I go to login to this forum, and other forums, I am getting strange messages popup. When i click the username and pasword boxes to enter my login details, a grey box popups beside ity saying "This connection is not secure. Logins entered here could be compromised" There is also a red line through the padlock icon at the top of my browser.

When I click for more information on the firefox help, I get this page.

https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Protect-your-privacy/Insecure-password-warning-in-Firefox/ta-p/27861

I was not too bothered about the issue for forums, but yesterday I went to order tickets online and I got the same message when asked for my card details....

Have I buggered up my browser settings somehow or is this nothing to be worried about?

Wildfisher

Yes the latest update to Firefox does this if you are not on an HTTPS connection. I would not enter credit card details on any site  if I got that message.

ianmck

Yeah I figured as much, ended up using ticketmaster instead. More expensive booking fees but secure (hopefully).

Thanks folks.

Go To Front Page