News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Float tube flippers

Started by bibio1, March 30, 2016, 11:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bibio1

Looking for advice. How do you wear your flippers over your waders. Also what flippers do you use. Going to give this method a good go this year but the flippers I have are the rubbish hard type that are OK buy there must be better set ups.

Thanks

Paul

Bobfly

The standard issue type are not that good. I use American ones from a firm called The Creek Company and it their "Float Tube Fin"costing now at $40. They also have a lighter fin which is also better than the standard issue and at about $30. The Float Tube ones are a rear entry pocket type fitting so you need to be canny on boot size. Separate wading boots over breathables can be a bit too wide but fitted boot-foot waders are OK for me. Wearing neoprene flats shoes normally fixes it with breathables.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

shad

I do things a bit different, divers force fins straight over stocking foot waders no boots.Ive never seen the point of adding the weight and water resistance of boots.If I need to walk down to the bank I use crocs which go in the back of the tube and weigh nothing.

Force fins are great but really pricey , before I got them I used cheaper dive fins by US divers I think, I found these a bit long so cut 2 inches of the end and then they worked great.

Bobfly

I've looked at the blurb and videos for the Force fins they do seem good although expensive but I wondered about the wear on the sock of the stocking foot waders getting a bit worn through without a layer like a flats shoe.

JimJams

If you worry about it weak through, buy a cheap pair of neoprene socks, put a plastic bag over the stocking foot then the neoprene sock over that, or it'll be a nightmare to get on/off when wet!

shad

I picked my force fins up 2nd hand,  great but wouldn't say they are worth the full price.

I'm sure they do a float tube version Vaughan designed to go over boots.

Bobfly

I generally have boots on, either as a boot-foot neoprene wader or breathables with a cut down lower foot from wellies when I am walking to get to a loch so I have boots of some sort anyway. I use a cut right down wellie boot foot since it holds no water and is easy to dry inside for the walk back to the car later, or I use Sealskinz socks.

Robbie

I am going to contact local dive shop to ask about rock boots and fins to go overtime. Looking online it looks like rock boots might be robust enough to cope with some walking over the hills between lochs whilst still being significantly lighter and small than wading boots.

corsican dave

just came across these
https://www.simplyscuba.com/products/TUSA/X-PertEvolutionFullFootFin/106432.aspx?gclid=CM3Mg46JwMwCFc0y0wod3gwNVw

I know one person who rates them and they seem pretty good for the price. any thoughts?
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Billy

I am looking at Lomo wetsuits in Glasgow at the moment and plan to get a wet suit.
I think they do decent flippers and boots for not a lot of money.

Hopefully I'll get there in the next few weeks.

Billy

Go To Front Page