News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garryh

thanks for sharing Paul.now i just need to get my arse in gear at the vice now i have the recipe  :8),only a week to go.

Garry
Education is important.
But fishing is importanter

bibio1

my favorite half hog, the red hog with a dash of orange deer hair.

The next one is my hedridean kehe.

hopper

Very nice, as an angler who likes to pull a hopper or two they wouldn't be out of place in my box.

Wildfisher

Size 14 jig hook, orange hot spot PTN. I just used a black 2MM tungsten bead  then formed the hot spot thorax using globrite floss and sealed it with UV resin. Dead simple, got the idea from Rab. As usual I added some CDC I'm certain this adds life that is absent  from a lot of nymph patterns.

[attachimg=1]

bibio1

Wildfisher

The beauty about it Paul is you can make loads of different coloured hot spots without having to buy loads of different bead colours. The paint wears off beads anyway.

Rabmax

Quote from: admin on September 15, 2014, 07:40:10 PM
Size 14 jig hook, orange hot spot PTN. I just used a black 2MM tungsten bead  then formed the hot spot thorax using globrite floss and sealed it with UV resin. Dead simple, got the idea from Rab. As usual I added some CDC I'm certain this adds life that is absent  from a lot of nymph patterns.

[attachimg=1]
Fred i do a mixture of different hot-spots especially for Grayling although trout love them just as much .I tie some like you have but normally have a very small hot-spot at the tail for low clear water.I tie a PTN with a cdc collar & fl pink or hot orange UV Ice Dub thorax.It does particularly well in high water runoff times especially in the fl pink.Cheers

Wildfisher

Quote from: Rabmax on September 16, 2014, 07:37:42 AM
I tie some like you have but normally have a very small hot-spot at the tail for low clear water.

I'll tie a few of those up today Rab.

SoldierPmr

[attachimg=1] a daddy hopper variant using deer hair and seals fur. Bored behind the vice tied this for them mine shaft brownies.

SoldierPmr

Another deer hair daddy this time a dry version

Go To Front Page