News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Thread the bead onto 40 lb nylon, melt the end with a flame to form a mushroom head. Pull the head into the  countersunk end of the bead, run in UV resin, cure it. Then flatten the nylon with pliers and tie it onto the hook shank leaving room at the eye, apply some Zap A Gap.  The bead is going on back to front, you need the countersunk end to hold the mushroom head and resin. That's the way I do it, there may be other ways.

Alternatively,  just use jig hooks!   :lol:

corsican dave

cheers Fred! that UV resin's quite versatile stuff, isn't it?
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

bibio1

a heather  flee

Wildfisher

Nice one Paul, that'll sort 'em out.   :8)

Wildfisher

Buoyed up with the success of catching a sea trout on Malcolm's Dr Who bug the other day I thought I'd give the design the added skull treatment. I'll be expecting a few salmon on this  over the coming weeks.  :8)

[attachimg=1]

bibio1

silver daddies

Highlander

That's the best finished head I have seen in a long time. What hackles have you used. Is the cut hackle same for wings.

Tight Lines

PS Fred what the fecks that?
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

bibio1

thanks. the hackle is the same as the wing.£3 out of a bargain basement bin.

Clan Chief

rannoch raider

Yes it's really nice and looks very well tied. I like the red head. I have been told that a 'red daddy' is an excellent Lomond pattern for the back end. I have never seen a Lomond red daddy myself. Anyone know the pattern? It may just be a standard daddy with a red body but it would be nice to see one from a Lomond regulars box. Anybody?

Go To Front Page