News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Vices

Started by ColinM, January 27, 2015, 05:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColinM

I have a Stonfo Kaiman 609 vice which I thought was a good vice, but the jaws have developed an indentation at the tip and no longer grips the hook. Does anyone know where I could have this repaired (I can't send it back to the retailer) and if not, any recommendations on vices if I have to replace?....I do not want to spend a fortune as it does not appear to be worth paying a lot going by my experience with the Stonfo which cost over £100-00 !!

Thanks in advance.

Lochan_load

Get onto the manufacturer directly, if they're half decent they'll replace the jaws for you.

Suki1312

Is the vice fairly new . Then go with above advice . If it's fairly old then you can only ask if they do replacements for a reasonable price .
Every day is a school day

ColinM

The vice is only a year old and I have been in contact with Stonfo.

Thanks for the two replies.

hopper

I would tell them the vice wasn't fit for purpose and they should replace it, it's not like you have been using it 24/ 7. If they still won't replace it get on to consumer protection, or even threaten them with that group.

RobertHaley

Evening ColinM

How'd you get on with the manufacture ?

If no joy , if the indent is not to far within the jaws it is possible to grind them back I have now done it twice for other people not ideal I know but an option never the least.

ColinM

Thanks Robert but I have sent the jaws back to Stonfo in Italy and they have advised they will replace them free of charge. Only snag is I had to pay the postage....a tenner for the tracking option. Stonfo advised that they have had a few problems recently regarding the hardening process so grinding them back would likely be okay for a while until the same happened again. Thanks again.

Highlander

At least you got it sorted. Your first port of call with any purchase that develops a fault should always be the retailer & not the manufacturer. (I note you say though "you can not send it back to the retailer". Other course would be to Veniard who I believe are the UK distributors of these Italian vices.

Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Go To Front Page