News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

'Secret Lochs and Special Places'

Started by Wildfisher, November 24, 2015, 07:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inchlaggan

Many thanks. Days spent in local pubs listening to old fishing tales has not been wasted after all.
Email sent.
Ken
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Suki1312

River 'E' is nestled lovely between River 'D' and River 'F' . lol
Every day is a school day

SoldierPmr

Quote from: Roobarb on November 25, 2015, 11:42:45 PM
It may indeed be, there might be a whole alphabet of them out there somewhere. That said the only other one I know of is the O Brook on Dartmoor in Devon. I don't suppose there is a prize for that!

Andy

Was that what the founder said when he first stepped in it?  :lol:

Billy

Bought it in Glasgow yesterday and it's been put away with the wading jacket for the 25th.

I must have four of Bruce's books now as well as a doubler of rivers and lochs.

Billy

Bobfly

Items like these are spot on for XXie Pressies to tell your youngsters about, especially when the "youngster" of the trio of youngsters is not far off forty, and long since lost as to what to get the old geezer .... who has a cupboard full of "stuff".
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Wildfisher

Well I stopped buying fishing books - they tend to be a bit boring - but at under 3 quid I'll certainly go for that.  :D

Wildfisher

Well I just read chapter one in the Kindle edition of this book and it has made me realize that  it's been far, far too long since I last fished in Caithness. Far, far too long.

A great read Bruce!    :8)

bibio1

You'll say the same thing about Shetland. A great wee book.

Wildfisher

I'm certainly  going to Caithness this year anyway Paul - not been since 2011 -  a caravan at Oldhall if I can get one at short notice.

Let's hope Hugo is in one of his "up" moods when I go, last time I was there he was brilliant.

Go To Front Page