News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Camping stoves

Started by Simon Everett, January 17, 2017, 02:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnny boy

WOW, my beer belly is off limits, worked many a year to nurture and develop it to what it is now.

Anyway I feel the weight from said beer belly gives me a good counterweight to my backpack.

Lochan_load

I'm now the proud owner of a trangia 27, bought from eBay for £25 plus postage. Thought I'd pick one up reasonably cheap but I've watched a few and they generally go for over forty quid second hand, this one was on a buy it now at 25 so guessing the guy hadn't been watching what they go for, anyways looking forward to trying it out.

Lochan_load

Says he's had it for 2-3 years, looks pretty good and has the bag you buy separate

Robbie

johnsd

Bargain Like the look of the bag that's about 7 or 8 quid itself use an old net bag for mine want a swap :lol:
yer going where

Lochan_load

Tempting offer john  :shock:

johnny boy

QuoteI don't use a bag... saves weight  :D

I dont use a stove, saves weight  :crap

Simon Everett

I don't eat, loses weight.  :D

Lochan_load

[attachimg=1]Came a day or two ago, pleased with it and all looks pretty good, could do with a once over for a scourer but other than that brand new, look forward to trying it in anger  :8)

arawa

I came across one of these Solo wood-burning stoves today in the outdoor shop in Ullapool.
http://www.outside.co.uk/shop/Solo+Stove+Lite?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=shopping&gclid=CMv8jpeLs9ICFU8o0wodqQgHZw
I was very impressed with the design and size of the smaller version with the parts neatly packing away into each other. There is also a pot/kettle that the stove fits inside to give everything needed for basic cooking facilities in something not much bigger than a large tin of soup. Very light too.
If I thought I would actually do much camping out again I might well have been tempted  :lol: :lol:.

Go To Front Page