News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

fly advice please

Started by Soulfly, June 09, 2018, 11:09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soulfly

Hi, having no luck at the moment, looking for advice on what flys good for this time of year, fishing for brown trout on a small resoviour

burnie

Depends on where you are and what is hatching, round here on the east coast little is hatching and have had some success with terrestrials instead, I reckon I can raise a Brownie or two with a Bibio pretty much anywhere at most times of the year. More interesting is to try and match the hatch, as everything is late emergers might work too and buzzers, a favourite with the put and take anglers for Brownies.

Soulfly

what size of bilbos do you use for trout, ive a few different sizes, i bought a random few well known ones to try. no realy sure whats hatching, was geting covered it millions of flys that would lay white flys on me. when bringing the line back in, slow? i useally try mix it up, still alot to learn. thanks

edit: down near gala in the borders

arawa

I do pretty well (usually!!) with a #14 elk hair caddis or a #12 or #14 hopper (brown has worked for me recently). The caddis I fish on the surface and the hopper just sub surface.

Good luck.

Soulfly

Been trying these this morning , no joy yet

Go To Front Page